Customer Experience Specialist-Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posted by Bote LLC on 11/17/2022
Industry Sector: Action, Fishing, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Retail - Sales
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retailer
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
BOTE is looking to fill a role for a customer experience specialist responsible for executing industry-leading customer experiences across the business and increasing the satisfaction and lifetime value of our customers. This role is responsible for providing timely, exceptional support to the BOTE network of customers, while also identifying and capitalizing on ways to build lasting relationships with our customers that translate to value for the company. This individual will work with our internal customer support/sales team Saturday-Monday 8:30 am-5 pm and in our Fort Lauderdale Retail store as scheduled by store Manager.
- Be the voice of our brand to our customers and exude the BOTE mission by putting the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Serve as an advocate for our customers, always putting yourself in their shoes and execute accordingly.
- Learn the BOTE family of products, including paddleboards, Kayaks, Skiffs, Docks and all gear, to be able to speak to customers intelligently about the products. This includes in-depth knowledge of all product features, innovations and benefits
- Work with a sense of urgency to ensure that all inbound customer inquiries are responded to and resolved appropriately according to the company’s standard operating procedures. These inquiries may include:
- Product Information & Advice
- Returns & Exchanges
- Warranty Claims
- Shipping Questions
- Feedback & Suggestions
- Maintenance Questions
- Product Registration & Documentation
- Responsible for executing exceptional customer communications across all channels:
- Support Tickets & Contact Us Forms
- Social Media
- Maintain documentation of all Customer correspondence leveraging the company’s order management and customer helpdesk ticketing system
- Other duties as needed
- Working retail sales floor and placing customers on correct products
- Warranty support in store
- Processing returns/exchanges
- Helping store manager with delivery days and maintaining appearance of store
- Assisting with store events as needed
- Contributing to companies KPIs and sales targets.
OTHER TRAITS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Passionate about the paddle industry, and the lifestyle that the BOTE brand represents
- Friendly and comfortable with speaking directly with customers on the phone and through written communication and thinking on their feet
- Ability to be confident, patient and polite when dealing with difficult situations
- Fast learner who is willing to dive in and learn on the job
- Desires a long-term career that offers growth in customer relations, product sales, business operations or marketing
- Equivalent Related Professional Experience
- Direct experience in Customer Service Able to work self-sufficiently with limited direct supervision to accomplish tasks
- Enjoy thinking outside of the box and solving problems with creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills across all channels: in-person, phone and written
- Excellent time management abilities with a proven ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and service-oriented approach.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Strong computer skills and adaptability learning new software platforms and data management processes.
About Bote LLC
WHO WE ARE
Our lives have always been surrounded by water. Magda grew up swimming 4-6 hours a day training to become a 3-time collegiate National Champion at Auburn University while I, with much less acclaim, grew up fishing, swimming, skiing, hunting and doing everything I could to be on the water. We love the water so much, that less than a year after college we both decided to move to Destin, FL together. As life goes, we made the move, got married and found great careers.
Destin is not your typical 'Florida' It's a smaller town, more connected to Alabama than Miami and with a 'slower' pace. The local culture has influences from all over, but it definitely has its own style and flavor. Old school charter fishing boats, kayaking, water-skiing, surfing; water is the epicenter of the Destin lifestyle, which fit us perfectly.
We first tried stand up paddling in late 2008 and loved the "idea"…but hated the product; both form and function. All of the boards we tried were the same thing but with a different name. They were all basically giant, unstable, surfboards. It was around that time that I looked at Magda and said, "We can make this better; we can make a board that stands apart."
I wanted a board that was stable enough to fish from, yet paddled efficiently. A board that could hold a cooler for my beer. A board that was simple, fresh and fit our lifestyle. A board that virtually anybody at any age could paddle with ease. It needed the capabilities of a boat with the simplicity of a board. And, it needed to look good...really good.
So…we left our successful careers (Magda was a financial advisor and I was a Mechanical Engineer) and started making our boats, or what we decided to call "BOTE". All we had for funding was a cashed in 401K worth about 7 Grand, a pocket full of credit cards and a shit-ton of hard work ahead of us.
BOTE has become our life. From business to product we live it every second of every day. We call it our second child! We've been lucky enough to be surrounded with people and employees who share in our passion for the product. Many of them have been with us since day one. Luckily there are a lot of other people who also think our boards are great and because of that we've become a nationwide wide brand guided by our mission: "Stand Apart through industry-shaping innovation, fresh ideas and simplicity to create a product that defines a lifestyle."
CEO and Founder