In 1966, while in Sweden, owner/founder Ric Nelson met a local pharmacist, who had developed a unique formula to protect the skin from Sweden’s harsh cold, wind, and sun. The skin protection formula was so effective, that Ric bought the rights to the formula, quit his corporate job, and launched Dermatone in the USA. Dermatone is now widely available in hiking/camping, sporting goods, and ski shops across the USA, as well as in Canada, England, Scotland, Sweden, and New Zealand.
What Makes Us Different From Other Sunscreen Products?
There are many brands of sun protection products to choose from. Since 1981, we have been creating Dermatone sunscreens specifically for the outdoor "addict." Although we manufacture a full line of warm weather lotions, Dermatone is the only sunscreen manufacturer to also offer a line of waterfree sunscreens for cold weather sports, including a waterfree, transparent Zinc Oxide.
- Waterproof and sweatproof all day formulae
- Minimum to maximum SPF sunscreens for all climates
- Fast absorption with no residue or greasiness
- Containers are small, lightweight, and durable
- Containers will not open accidentally and are virtually crush-proof
- Sport applicators allow application without getting sunscreens on hands
- Available with fragrance or fragrance-free