Product Manager, Bottles - CamelBak
Posted by Camelbak on 03/21/2019
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Product, Management - Product
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Revenue and Profitability - Product line pricing strategies to support company revenue and margin goals
- Road Mapping - development of a multiyear road map for assigned product line(s) both short-term and long term goals
- New Product Introduction (NPI) – gate reviews, milestones, and provides critical analysis to help the cross functional product team make successful decisions
- Line Management - Develop programs as well as color & merchandising strategy by confirming alignment with the brand vision, detailed analysis to drive SKU efficiency, and key performance indicator tracking including revenue, cost savings, margin, market share, Point of Sale (POS), customer feedback or other indicators.
- Market Intelligence - Competition analysis and mapping on regular basis & proactive strategy to counter competition.
- Consumer Insights - including market research, interviewing and interviewing techniques, focus groups, ethnographic research, usability studies, and other methods
- Brand Support Supports Marketing Team in the development and execution of all aspect of the product marketing plans including: packaging, product positioning, retail merchandising, naming, branding and messaging
- Presentations - Presents product information to key internal and external groups, sales and buyers in a comprehensive, clear and tactical manner. Comes armed with research, data points and preparedness on category lines. Strategically actions feedback to improve lines.
- Process Improvement - Makes recommendations to refine, streamline, and continuously improve any custom/smu product development/management process challenges
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in operations, business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrable successes in managing hard goods or equipment lines.
- Must be detail oriented but able to present the big picture.
- Works effectively within a cross functional team, influential in building positive partnerships.
- Strong leadership, change management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and present clearly and persuasively, negotiate to successful outcomes
- Excellent organizational skills, must be able to handle multiple priorities in efficient manner.
- Forward thinking and strategic skills, comfortable with white space.
- Leads and/or mentors junior product managers and interns
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PLM and POS/sales analytics software