Field Marketing and Sales Representative West Coast, Power Assist Bicycles
Posted by Yamaha Motor on 08/29/2019
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep
Company Type: DoesnotApply
City: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Field Marketing and Sales Representative West coast, to support our Power Assist Bicycles team. This position will work remotely/in the field in Southern California. The Field Marketing and Sales Representative will lead territory marketing, sales support and dealer development activities for Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles and will implement regional marketing, dealer sales support and consumer product demonstrations.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Execute marketing and sales plans to achieve targets by business channel and region based on MTP and Annual Plans. Implement marketing and sales programs. Provide customer service and retailer support.
- Organize and operate product demonstrations and events. Assemble and maintain demo fleet of Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles. Manage service intervals for fleet inventory. Attend key trade shows, events and sales meetings.
- Assist in the creation of territory sales channel and retailer development plans and implement based on overall strategy.
- Communicate and educate product features, benefits and Yamaha Brand. Create effective presentation material to communicate field results, proposals and activity updates. Train and educate retail channel sales staff.
- Implement marketing and promotion activities driven toward consumer messaging and social media outlets. Coordinate regional marketing planning and implementation with internal divisions and external business partners.
- Project regional sales volume and forecasts based on changing product and market trends, economic factors and competition. Record and report retail business and inventory management.
- Contribute as a team member to various activities and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA degree in business or marketing preferred .
- Minimum of five years’ marketing or sales experience within the bicycle, powersports, outdoor, action sports or related industries.
- Ability to understand industry trends, provide input on sales direction and development of proposals for new programs and marketing activities.
- Strong overall business knowledge with the skill to communicate to dealers and partners.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey a clear message. Demonstrates a professional behavior in social media.
- Must have proficient bicycle mechanic and diagnostic skills.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others.
- Ability to work independently and management long term projects and processes. Can manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Can manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Enjoys extensive domestic business travel and cycling.
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer