Sales & Promotions Associate for Outdoor Speaker Company
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Admin/Clerical, Events, Retail - Sales, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
TITLE: Sales & Promotions Associate
REPORTS TO: Sales Reps
Seeking someone who is passionate about Outdoor and Lifestyle channels, such as snow, camp/hike, paddle, and beach in order to promote our consumer electronics at tradeshows and other events. Tradeshows attended will range from CES to Outdoor Retailer, and many others in between. We are also seeking someone who will support the day-to-day activities of the sales department when not attending tradeshows, ranging from shipping samples to running sales reports and completing administrative tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the sales team to manage customer accounts including product set ups, and order management.
- Assist the sales team to identify and close new customer accounts.
- Communicate and provide material support to independent sales representative organizations.
- Ship product samples and marketing material per requests from the sales team.
- Effectively setup, organize, manage and attended conferences and trade shows, including managing inventory and cash exchanges at trade shows.
- Stay up to date on new products, procedures, services and tools by attending departmental and training meetings.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc reports for sales and marketing.
- Maintain customer accounts, including contact names and numbers for future sales opportunities.
- Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Complete any other ad hoc activities in support for sales and marketing efforts.
- Must possess a strong sales support background and have excellent analytical skills;
- Intermediate Excel skills and the ability to use Office products
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines; work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Must be detailed oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work and communicate with all levels of employees.
- Experience working with and liaison for multiple departments within an organization
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, other departments and vendors.
- Knowledge of general office equipment, procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of general shipping requirements and procedures.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires 2 - 3 years’ experience in the field or in a related area. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
- NetSuite experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift 30lbs and easily move office materials
- Must be able to easily read and write in English.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and ability to use keyboard and ten key proficiently.
Job Type: Full-time, in San Diego Office
Salary: $19.00 /hour
ECOXGEAR, a division of Grace Digital Inc., is a 12 year old privately owned company based in Poway, CA. We specialize in rugged 100% waterproof consumer electronics products with a focus in wireless portable outdoor audio. Our products are actively sold in thousands of locations nationwide. ECOXGEAR is a fun and dynamic work place with a growing portfolio of products and expanding customers base.