Posted by Paddle Sports Center on 01/10/2020
Industry Sector: WaterSports
Job Categories: Management, Operations, Outdoor Education, Retail - Management- Staff
Company Type: TravelandTourism
City: Santa Barbara
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Fraser Kersey
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
General Manager Position
- Employee recruitment and training for shop staff. Assist Head Guide with GIC (Guide, Instructor, Counselor) recruitment and training.
- Organizing staff meetings
- Evaluate staff performance and productivity.
- Task staff with daily/weekly goals
- Inventory Management
- Prepare Preseason purchases
- Sell off used equipment seasonally.
- Inventory control
- Aid Head Guide with outfitting gear maintenance.
- Customer Service / Sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proven excellent customer serviceResponsible for creating a fun & friendly atmosphere in the shop.
- PSC Member Relations: Billing, sales, on boarding, creating & executing member events.
- Large Group Sales: Estimates, staffing, invoicing, execution
- Hotel Relationship Development
- Aiding in daily operations of facilitating water sports rentals, tours and lessons.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities
- Generating reports and giving presentations
- Creating and managing a budget
- Representative to local Government Agencies for daily operations
- Manage Social Media Accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Google, Yelp, Trip Advisor)
- Manage Email Marketing Campaigns
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university in a relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience working with a water sports rental center, eco-tour adventure company, summer camp, or a similar field.
- Good knowledge of different business functions
- Strong leadership qualities
- Highly Organized
- Strong work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive nature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proven excellent customer service