Inside Sales Representative
Posted by Cycling Sports Group on 01/17/2020
Industry Sector: Bike, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Account Executive, Business Opportunities, Management - Sales, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retailer
State: CT, MA, NY
City: Wilton, CT
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
- Operates in a Team Selling environment supporting all CSG brands
- Will have direct and indirect responsibility for accounts within assigned market area.
- Answers inbound telephone calls and emails, from bicycle retailers pertaining to sales, product, delivery, inventory, customer complaints and general inquiries; in a professional and timely manner
- Places outbound sales and service calls to existing territory dealer base, on a daily basis.
- Identify new business opportunities and make contacts with prospective customers.
- Enter sales orders and ensure timely shipment by actively managing the order book.
- Assist dealers with inventory analysis and make suggestions for improving inventory.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers through effective customer service.
- Sell and upsell bicycle related products through outbound sales campaigns.
- Promote new product line for each year and act as technical product expert for dealer base.
- Track sales/service interactions through CRM and update/maintain retail accounts information; including dealer contacts, account notes, floor share, and account notes.
- Recognize, document, and alert the team leader of trends in dealer calls.
- Assist with on-the-job training for new employees.
- Projects a professional company image through all lines of communication
- Provide weekly sale forecasts for select accounts.
- Track sales, credits, inventory transfers and other territory adjustments, to select dealers
- College degree with 2 years of experience in a sales environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Superior customer service and sales skills required.
- Must be a team player and willing to assist in other areas such as logistics and inside service.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work a varied full time schedule during the hours of 8:30am to 8:00pm ET-Monday-Friday.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, highly flexible, and have the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Experience using a CRM is a plus
- Experience using a SAP is a plus
- Experience working in bicycle shop or completion of bicycle mechanics training program.
- Passion for Cycling and the Cycling Industry
- Desire to advance within the industry is a plus
About Cycling Sports Group
The Cycling Sports Group division deals specifically with the Independent Bicycle Dealers (IBD) and specialty store channels. CSG has a comprehensive range of brands including Cannondale, GT, Schwinn, Fabric, and Charge Bikes. Cycling Sports Group products are well-recognized premium brands that have gained wide consumer acceptance for their high quality, safety and innovative designs that incorporate state-of-the-art features and up-to-date fashion. The global headquarters for Cycling Sports Group is located in Wilton, CT.