Sales & Business Intelligence Support Specialist
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Admin/Clerical, Operations
Company Type: RepAgency
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
- To provide administrative, analytical & organizational support to the company management team to help meet profitability goals while making the organization indispensable to our vendor partners.
- Responsible to provide administrative support to the sales team in the form of added efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of sales processes.
- Serve as point of contact for Order Entry System for Independent/Distributor Channel team.
- Responsible for supporting company Business Intelligence objectives through reporting.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement, recommending cost reductions and maximizing sales opportunities.
- Responsible to adhere to company policies, reinforce directives and improvement efforts related to the sales role, budget and profitability goals.
- Responsible to maintain open honest lines of communication, share relevant information with superiors and peers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ownership of 3rd party ordering system: uploading, maintaining accuracy & diligence of content, training, vendor set up.
- Ownership of Direct to Dealer (B2B) Portal including content, marketing, communication and development process. Coordinate with Director of National Sales, Brand, & Marketing personnel.
- Create sales evaluation reports based on collected data from ordering system and other submissions and distribute weekly to Sales Management Team.
- Support the Director of National Sales by communicating updates to the larger sales team as directed.
- Support the Sales Team with daily upkeep of sales resources like: vendor pricing/programs, credit apps, agreements, etc.
- Maintain customer master files and take direction from Director of National Sales to develop additional sales resources to increase team effectiveness (examples: one pencil buys, promos, packages, trainings, spiffs)
- Communicate with vendor partners to secure/create sales tools as needed.
- Suggest improvements and revisions to sales processes to increase sales and profitability.
- Attend and participates in sales strategy meetings as needed.
Buy Group Support Tasks
- In conjunction with Director of National Sales, ensure timely entry of show orders, show order updates and communication to Territory Managers and Brands.
Business Intelligence/Brand Tasks
- Responsible for running weekly, monthly sales reports from to provide business insights to Team.
- Convert monthly sales reports from Vendors into standard format for sharing with team
- Conducts research into competitive companies and markets as directed by Director of Brand.
- Occasional projects as requested by the corporate office and Executive team.
- Attend meetings held at corporate office or satellite offices with potential or current vendors, or at vendor sites as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exemplify the Vision, Mission and Values of Company
- Support the Company management team
- Exceed customer expectations
- Support and achieve company profitability objectives
- Work to continuously improve
- Be accountable
Responsible for Working with:
- Sales management team
- Vendor sales personnel
- Existing retailers, potential retailers
- Internal staff and sales personnel
- Company management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Exhibits ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Emphasis on Excel advanced skills, analytics performance required.
- Hands on experience with CRM software preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possesses strong math skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to think both analytically and creatively.
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Pays close attention to detail, ability to oversee projects/tasks from origin to execution.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Works well with a team.
- Possesses strong writing skills.
- Is capable of conducting independent research.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, immerse oneself into company business/culture/customers and the Outdoors Industry.
- Work hours dictated by workload. Expectation is 45+ average per week.
- Job can be performed remotely, with an expectation to commute and average of 6 days a month to corporate Midwest office for meetings & events.
- Travel expected, primarily for trade shows. Can be up to 25% of time.