National Events Manager
Posted by USA Cycling on 02/23/2021
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management, Operations
Company Type: DoesnotApply
City: Colorado Springs
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
USA Cycling is searching for our next National Events Manager. The National Events Manager will need to have a high understanding of all cycling disciplines, specifically road racing. This role will be based out of our Colorado Springs, CO headquarters, so any potential candidates will need to being willing to relocate, reside locally in Colorado Springs or nearby surrounding areas.
Core Responsibilities (National Championship Event Properties):
- Assist Director of National Events to create and implement a bid process for selecting National Championship event properties.
- Oversight of various USA Cycling National Championships as directed by the Director of National Events, including coordination of national race calendars.
- Manage a working budget for selected National Championship Events.
- Responsible for all planning and on site day-to-day operations as Race Director of National Championships as decided by the Director of National Events to include working with the Membership Department to ensure they are properly permitted.
- Execute the USA Cycling National Championships setup to ensure that it adheres to USAC brand and safety standards.
- Manage travel logistics for event staff and vendors.
- Manage third party vendors for National Championships (announcers, fencing, etc.).
- Order and manage bib numbers, medals, and jerseys for National Championship events.
- Work closely with IT, membership departments, and external partner on registration processes for National Championships.
- Serve as a resource for members in coordination with National Championships and National Calendars.
- Work with USAC Sport Committees to ensure National Championship Events are aligned with industry standards.
- Serve as support staff at various National Championships.
Core Responsibilities (National Events Properties):
- Collaborate with Communication Department on press releases, race information, etc. for the National Events Department.
- Maintain all aspects of USA Cycling’s website related to the National Events Department.
- Monitor National Events Department budget according to departmental guidelines.
- Conduct site visits prior to National Events/Championships.
- Ensure proper coordination on anti-doping for select events with local organizing committees and USADA.
- Remain current on all USA Cycling Issues, i.e., membership and events via website, brochures, etc.
- Generally requires 3+ years of road racing experience
- Industry experience within the sport of cycling
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to navigate high-stress situations and keep composure
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure
- Work independently while maintaining strong communication/collaboration internally and within the cycling community
- A continuous learner with a proven track record of innovation and creativity
- Ability to think critically about prioritization decisions and make smart trade-offs
- Advanced verbal and written communication and editing skills.
- Power to build positive, professional relationships within internal teams and the cycling community
- Experience managing basic website content
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours including weekends and some holidays
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by potential candidates to successfully perform the essential functions of the role.
- Ability to work in conditions with occasional exposure to extreme weather such as high and low temperatures and variable precipitation when working at events.
- Visual capabilities for both long and short distance measurement at events.
- Frequently communicate with staff and participants and must be able to exchange accurate information in event situations.
- Dolly and lift-assist equipment. Incumbent may occasionally lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel along with reaching with hands and arms.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Race registration software and applications
- Website management tools
- Domestic travel is currently restricted to trips considered mission critical to USA Cycling. We encourage all staff to review CDC and state public health webpages for policies and recommendations relevant to the area they will be traveling to.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time exempt position located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Base salary range for the position is $43,000-50,000 annually.
- Comprehensive total rewards package (Medical/Dental/Vision/Health Savings Account/403(b)/Paid Holidays/Discretionary Bonus), an exciting work environment and inclusive culture
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.