Service Manager - Bicycle Store
Posted by Northtowne Cycling and Fitness on 04/06/2021
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Management- Staff
Company Type: Retail
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Derek Stepanek
Contact Cell: 3195519855
Business Phone: 319-393-6557
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $50,000-$70,000 per year
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Hey Cyclists - We're looking for one of the best! This is your chance to be the Service Manager at a market-leading store, located in one of the most vibrant, affordable, and bike-friendly cities in America. Northtowne Cycling & Fitness is an independent, established, high-paying, stable store with major lines and thousands of loyal, trusting customers. All of this equals serious fun and success - your dream job.
- Build and lead a highly effective and rewarded Service Team through training, experience and performance.
- Drive great customer care, productivity and results through service systems.
- Provide exceptional customer service and education to all levels of riders.
- Contribute to the performance of an experienced leadership team and demonstrate commitment to our Vision, Mission and Values.
The Service Manager brings enthusiasm and energy for their industry, team members, and clients. Ideal applicants bring experience in employee and service department leadership, along with the ability to make executive decisions that help direct, guide, and develop the team and our business. Your input counts and you will have the opportunity to make a difference in how we serve our community. Qualified candidates must feel comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting the sale and service of 10+ brands of bicycles. To top it off, Northtowne is an award-winning store and has been Iowa's e-bike leader for a decade, so you get to play with the coolest tech in the hottest growth category. You'll interact with a full range of cycling and fitness clientele, from novice to elite-level cyclists. If you have a success-driven mindset and are detail-oriented with a heart for teaching and service, then this is the job for you.
Keys to Success:
- An ability to recognize talent and develop a high-functioning team.
- Possess positive energy and a business-growth mindset.
- Learning and applying leadership principles.
- Long-term, strategic career outlook.
- Salary 25%-30% above industry average in a thriving, affordable, bikeable, family-friendly community
- Urban Singletrack, Nature Trails, Bike Lanes, Endless Gravel, Low-Traffic Rural roads & Mt. Trashmore
- Located a short drive from Minneapolis, Madison, Chicago, Des Moines, Omaha and St. Louis
- Signing bonus/relocation allowance
- Medical insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, simple IRA & commuter tax credit
- Off-season comp rewards for peak season hours and performance
- Rewarding, family-oriented work environment with generations of clients and a renowned cycling culture
- Did we mention your own personal demo bike?
Northowne Cycling & Fitness is an award-winning store located in a place with small-town charm and big city convenience. Cedar Rapids, Iowa has extensive cycling infrastructure, affordable housing, great schools, 3 colleges and a cool, big-city vibe. Located just a few hours from many mid-west destination cities, it's the perfect place to settle into a fantastic career in the industry you love.
About Northtowne Cycling and Fitness
Northtowne Cycling and Fitness is a retail bicycle and fitness equipment store in Cedar Rapids, IA. We are a healthy, stable, growing business, recognized by our peers as a leader in the industry with outstanding opportunities.