General Manager - E- Products
Posted by United Wheels Company Limited on 04/23/2021
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The E-Products General Manager?will be responsible to define, create, and evolve the Product and Customer experience as it relates to the Global United Wheels, Inc., and E-Products offering, including E-bikes, E-scooters, and Electrified products such as lawn and garden items (wagons and wheelbarrows).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for planning and executing the overall Sales, Marketing, and Product strategies to grow E-Product sales.
Develop product and product across all
Deliver E-Products to the DTC, Mass and Specialty brand owners to support their overall sales and marketing
Work with the UWI Marketing team to develop product specific promotion plans to drive sales of E-
Evaluate and suggest new distribution channels and retail partners for E-
Drive end user experience through product interface, product performance, purchase experience and packaging.
Work with Marketing to research customer unmet and unknown needs, market trends and white space
Develop products with the end consumer in-mind. Test early prototypes and samples with consumers to obtain feedback. Use feedback to further develop product to consumer
Work with Engineering to develop packaging that allows for zero product shipping damage, minimizes shipping costs and allows for ease of
Use customer feedback as a product
Identify new product segments to pursue and manage the seasonal launch of each product category.
Collaborate with internal and external business partners on product category objectives and develop , plans and budgets to achieve goals.
Co-Own and assist with the creation and management of the P&Ls associated with the United Wheels, Inc. E-Products business.
Develop of reporting tools and KPI’s to effectively benchmark E-Products performance and communicate to stakeholders across the United Wheels, Inc. brands.
GM will share status and progress all stakeholders across all brands status including updates to the Senior Team and Board of Directors
Strong presentation skills are required.
Leads employees in the E-products Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Six+ progressive Product Category management and development experience required.
- Experience in growing a business category through technology, marketing, and cross-departmental collaboration.
- Strong understanding of both the marketing and operational elements such as lead time, development, testing, and compliance.
- A track record of successfully collaborating with other functional areas (marketing, sales, ecommerce, and direct to consumer teams, etc.) is required.
- possess strong leadership skills and experiences. Experience dealing with global initiatives would be helpful.
- A willingness to be both strategic and tactical to provide a hands-on approach is important to success in the role.