Snowsport /Outdoor Department Manager
Posted by Ski Country Outdoors. on 09/11/2023
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Customer Service, Ecommerce Management, Management, Management - Sales, Management - Team, Marketing & Digital Marketing, Merchandising, Retail - Management- Staff, Retail - Sales, Social Media - Digital Marketing
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Service, Retail, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: James Hunt
Contact Phone: 7045232553
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $18-20 pr hr
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
We are looking for a Full Time Manager to join our team here at Ski Country Outdoors!
Ski Country Outdoors is located in the LoSo Neighborhood of Uptown Charlotte. Charlotte is home to a vibrant outdoor community with many top-rated recreational activities & destinations, restaurants, breweries, music, and arts scene. Charlotte is a melting pot of outdoor enthusiasts being that is near several lakes and only 2-3 hr drives to the mountains and beach.
Ski Country Outdoors offers prospects the opportunity to work in a beautiful location, to grow their skills and to share a passion for skiing, boarding and outdoor adventures. Ideal candidates are leaders in the work place that wish to join a unique, values-driven organization.
- The manager is a critical leader in the store developing and motivating seasonal sales teams to directly impact Ski Country Outdoors organizational goals.
- Works side by side with two other managers to oversee day to day floor sales and organization of sales floor.
- Help create social media content and ecommerce listings.
- Data entry for new merchandise and online order processing.
- Have creative new ideas for generating new revenue.
- Assist with several off site festivals and events where we will have a booth.
- Applicants should possess full day to day ski shop sales, service, and rental operational knowledge.
- Custom boot fitting, modifications and repair shop experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Previous experience in retail, fashion, customer service, or other related fields.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong passion to grow their knowledge for their position.
- Have a self-driven mindset.
- Able to work nights and weekends.