Sales Operations Manager
Posted by NITE IZE INC on 10/02/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Sales
Company Type: Accessories
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
About Nite Ize
Nite Ize is a Boulder-based company that distributes over 500 innovative products worldwide to the largest retailers in the world. We pride ourselves in being fun and functional, trusted and innovative, and obsessively dedicated to making products that are not only guaranteed for life but guaranteed to improve your life. We are focused on creatively solving everyday problems through inventions like the Spotlit pet light, Steelie magnetic phone mounts, Gear Tie reusable rubber twist ties, S-biner dual carabiners and more!
Our customers reflect back to us what we strive to put out in the world:
- 86% rate Nite Ize as a trustworthy company - "Above and beyond expectations! Your folks and products are spot on in helping people."
- 86% believe Nite Ize is unique and different from other brands - "Some of the most innovative, useful and just plain cool products available anywhere."
- 85% agree Nite Ize makes products that make my life better - Your gear is indispensable for all of my life - my car, bike, kayak, phone, toolbox, etc.
- 83% say Nite Ize is committed to making the highest quality - "I love this company. Well-engineered, tested and dependable products that always keep me coming back."
And our own team would tell you the best parts of working at Nite Ize are:
- The people! We're a work hard and play hard group that is not in competition with one another.
- Exciting and fast-moving environment that is full of energy.
- Loyalty – amazed by the number of 10+ year employees.
- And don't forget our on-site gyms!
Our success is rooted in integrity and in keeping our promises to each other and to our customers. Nite Ize provides employees an exceptional workplace that is respectful and considerate. We value our employees, and, in return, our employees have been the key contributors to our success since 1989.
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for supporting, enabling, and driving front line sales to sell better, faster, and more efficiently. This role oversees workflow of all internal processing, problem solving, and collaborating with Department Leaders and Sales Representatives.
The position for Sales Operations Manager will be open until filled.
Key Responsibilities for Sales Operations Manager
- Oversees and manages daily activities of the Sales Operations team, including Analysts, Support, and Planning team members, providing them with resources and support to ensure they are individually and collaboratively successful in their roles.
- Responsible for maintaining sales analysis dashboards in Business Intelligence applications. Works closely with Sales, Operations, and Procurement teams in researching and suggesting opportunities for improved supply plan adjustments based on customer forecasting, order fulfillment, and POS.
- Leverages analytics to provide business insights to support company decision-making.
- Guides the S&OP process from Sales through Procurement and Distribution teams. Prepares data and material for Quarterly S&OP meetings that facilitates Executive awareness of resources needed to support demand over the S&OP planning horizon.
- Key decision maker on inventory allocation.
- Oversees and works with Analysts to evaluate sales analytics and performance to evaluate current sales goals and prepare internal forecasting. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Researches and evaluates current economic conditions that may affect the organization's ability to sell its product or services in the marketplace.
- Works with Sales Operations team members to develop sales quotas and forecasts for the sales team.
- Recommends changes to current sales techniques, procedures or promotional efforts based on market research and new trends.
- Works directly with sales team to support sales on all National Accounts, and other specific accounts as needed.
- Serves as a hub between Sales Reps, Operations, Directors, and Executives.
- Leads monthly planning meetings with the Executive Team and Sales Directors to ensure timelines are being addressed and historical promotions and sales meetings are logged for future opportunities.
- Oversees workflow of all business processing including preparation of reports, charts, and other statistics to support and direct the sales department.
- Organizes customer order information and communicates with multiple teams on all large orders to ensure timely and accurate ordering, tracking, and completion.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics, Economics, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
5+ years' experience in sales analytics, customer insights, sales support, sales operations, or similar area.
1-3 year's previous supervisory experience preferred.
Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as CRM software applications
Previous experience with BI software such as DOMO.
Must have previous experience working with data visualization programs and managing large datasets.
Ability to effectively organize and manage a high volume of incoming requests.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Knowledge of workflows, process builder, and data validations a plus.
Exceptional organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
Must be able to successfully balance between multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must have excellent attention to detail, with keen commitment to follow-through.
Possess analytical, problem-solving, strategic thought processes
Must possess effective written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
Must be able to communicate fluently (read, write, and speak) in English.
Must be 18 or older to apply.
Work Hours: This is a regular, full-time, benefits-eligible position with normal business hours.
Hiring Compensation for Sales Operations Manager: Hiring pay: $85,900 - $93,000 DOQ
Nite Ize offers a comprehensive, voluntary benefits program which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Matching 401K Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Discounted pricing on Nite Ize products
- Fitness Facility and Professional Trainer Discounts
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts and/or Health Savings Account
- Pet Insurance
- And more!
Sales Operations Manager Reports to: VP of Customer Experience