International Trade Specialist
Posted by Vista Outdoor on 10/03/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Legal
Company Type: Recreation
City: Overland Park
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Vista Outdoor is seeking an International Trade Specialist to add to our team in Overland Park, Kansas. The International Trade Specialist is primarily responsible to oversee general Trade Compliance activities for this business Unit. In this role, you will be responsible for general trade compliance activities and support the enterprise by providing direction and guidance in managing the business unit transactions with all U.S. import laws and Export regulations.
- US HTS classification, GSP, FTA’s.
- Schedule B, and ECCN classification, including determination of export licenses and other government agency requirements.
- Work with internal customers to support and provide guidance on international trade compliance, respond to external broker/freight forwarder inquiries regarding HTS, valuation and duties verification, and import/export documentation.
- Maintain and communicate international trade compliance procedures, to help employees understand and follow laws and regulations governing the importation and exportation of commodities.
- Responsible for USMCA qualification process.
- Solicit buyers for certificates of origin and manufacturer affidavits to maintain current USMCA certificates.
- Oversee calculations for preferential treatment under Free Trade Agreements and GSP, and maintain certifications on file.
- Review with internal controls (procedures, work instructions, forms, checklists, and tools) to ensure currency and compliance.
- Assist in submitting applications for export licenses, and other requests for authorization. Manage government authorizations throughout their life cycle.
- Analyze transactions for which due diligence indicates potential risk and determine whether due diligence has been satisfied.
- Strong excel skills, including ability to research transactions and prepare different reports in the Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) and ACE Portal.
- Manage duty drawback program, gathering the necessary records and coordinating activities with the service provider.
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement other duty mitigation opportunities and programs.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned or required to ensure an effective international trade compliance program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Licensed Customs Broker, preferred (Will work with qualified candidate to obtain license)
- 4+ years in import/export operations regulatory compliance.
- Experience assigning classifications according to the HTSUS, global HS schedules, Schedule B, and ECCN, with specific experience classifying sporting goods, apparel
- Experience applying classification, country of origin, and trade preference knowledge to import / export shipments.
- Familiarity with maintaining trade master data in enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and related databases.
- Experience in generating and analyzing reports from ERP systems and ACE Portal
- Experience with FTAs, Duty Drawback, Reconciliation
- Highly organized; ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customers Regulations (CR), and the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) (is preferred).
- Will require travel to Overland Park, KS on as-needed basis.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of outdoor recreation and shooting sports products. We are headquartered in Anoka, Minnesota and employ approximately 5,900 skilled workers worldwide. We have multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities across the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico along with international customer service, sales and sourcing operations in Asia, Canada and Europe.
We operate through two reportable segments: Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products. Together, our segments serve the outdoor sports and recreation markets through a diverse portfolio of well-recognized brands that provide consumers with a wide range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products.