Posted by Nester Hosiery LLC on 01/19/2023
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Manufacturing
Company Type: Accessories
State: AL, AK, AB, AZ, AR, BC, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MB, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NB, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NF, NC, ND, NS, OH, OK, ON, OR, PA, PI, QC, RI, SA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, DC, WV, WI, WY
City: Mount Airy, NC 27030
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Business Phone: 336-789-0026
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Nester Hosiery / Farm to Feet
Sustainability Program Coordinator
Overview: The Sustainability Program Coordinator will work cross-functionally among our internal teams, customers, vendors, and industry organizations to drive positive environmental and social impact.
Education/Experience: Four-year Degree in related field or equal experience
Pay range: $50,000-$60,000.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: VP Manufacturing
Location: Onsite at the company’s headquarters and manufacturing complex in Mount Airy, North Carolina. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the town is also known as Mayberry because it was the inspiration for “The Andy Griffith Show.” Mount Airy is a quintessential small town with great access to outdoor recreation, while still close to bigger cities like Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and Charlotte.
· Coordinate among customers, internal teams, and other business stakeholders to meet expectations and goals for measuring, reporting, and improving environmental and social impacts.
· In concert with the Product team, collect and evaluate sustainability data from material suppliers.
· Coordinate all audits and certifications related to sustainability for products and facilities.
· Collect, analyze, and report sustainability-related data, including GHG/carbon footprint, for the company’s facilities and operations on an annual basis.
Administer the chemical management program, including maintaining
a chemical inventory,
coordinating requirements with customers and vendors, and ensuring compliance with an RSL (Restricted Substance List) through certification and testing.
· Identify key opportunities to reduce environmental impacts in manufacturing and in the supply chain and track continuous improvement over time.
· Support the Quality team with analyzing and reducing production waste and process improvement projects.
· Support the Product team’s Raw Material Testing process as it relates to sustainability attributes such as product durability, compliance, and claim substantiation.
· Maintain relationships and participate with external organizations related to sustainability reporting, certifications, standards, and working groups.
· Continually assess industry insights on sustainable materials and best practices.
· Engage and maximize partnerships with conservation and stewardship organizations.
· Further develop the company’s employee engagement program to reduce turnover and create an environment for a sustainable workforce.
Who is Nester Hosiery?
Nester Hosiery designs and manufactures the most innovative socks in the world: for mountaineers, athletes, military personnel, and anyone who loves a perfect pair of socks. Our manufacturing center is situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Mount Airy, North Carolina. We are a family run, environmentally responsible company that goes the extra mile to provide a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment. People join the Nester team to build a lifelong career on the leading edge of textile development. People wear Nester products to experience the exceptional performance and comfort of our socks.
Our brand customers include some of the most well-respected
name brands in
outdoor sports, western wear, workwear, and tactical. In 2013 we launched our own
brand, Farm to Feet, committed to the single, simple goal of creating the world’s
best wool socks by exclusively using an all-American recipe: US materials, US
manufacturing, and US workers. With its supply chain completely within the U.S.,
Farm to Feet is able to ensure the highest quality materials and end products, while
having as little impact on the environment as possible.
About Nester Hosiery LLC
Manufacturer, distributor of Outdoor socks and products.
Home of FarmToFeet