Digital Marketing & Content Specialist
Posted by Robert Axle Project on 05/31/2023
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Digital Marketing & Content Specialist
The Robert Axle Project and Old Man Mountain are growing bicycle component companies in Bend, Oregon, with the mission to “inspire adventures by bike.” We’re small but mighty, with a tight team of ten. We get a lot done and have fun while we’re at it.
We will be conducting initial interviews in mid-July. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
“The Robert Axle team is literally one of the best consumer experiences I have ever had in my life. From ease of order, to super-fast shipping, to clear directions for install. I have nothing but overwhelmingly positive things to say.” – Recent online customer.
Our success is rooted in the integrity of our product, and in our integrity in relationships with our customers, employees, partners, suppliers and peers in the bicycle industry.
We are looking for a stellar full-time Digital Marketing & Content Specialist to join our team. You will be responsible for connecting with and growing our global communities to support our broader marketing objectives for both brands – Robert Axle Project and Old Man Mountain.
This position is located in Bend, Oregon. Hybrid options are negotiable, but you must live in Oregon to be considered for this position.
Your day might look like this:
Drink your coffee! You’ll then be checking your Slack account for team updates, checking your emails, and our brand social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube) to see what has popped up overnight. A customer in Germany might have a question about where he can purchase an Old Man Mountain rack, or one of our ambassadors tagged us, or you spotted our products on a pro racer’s account. You’d then start your morning rounds of key media outlets, such as Bikepacking.com, The Radavist, Bikerumor, Path Less Pedaled, Reddit, and more, to keep up with the industry, answer questions, and engage in conversations with our brand voice.
You might spend an hour or two generating or sourcing content for social media. You’ll also check in with the Marketing Director on all the projects that you are working on together.
During the week, you’ll be using the content calendar to strategize the next content push. You might be working with one of our Brand Ambassadors to dial in a trip report, or creating a newsletter to send to our direct customers, wholesale dealers or distributors. You’ll be writing blog posts, assisting the team with photoshoots, working with an independent videographer to create how-to videos, or learning the ropes of our website to make updates as needed.
Success in this role involves a unique rhythm as you balance required daily and weekly tasks while bouncing to additional projects. Each day is a little different, but your job is to create meaningful connections with existing and potential customers, create brand aligned communications and spread the stoke of Robert Axle Project and Old Man Mountain.
Why you could be the right fit:
- You must either currently be, or aspire to be, a bike nerd. You are a committed bike commuter, or a mountain biker or anything in between, but you must like bikes, be able to learn technical aspects of products, and communicate authentically with all of our audiences.
- You have some experience in digital content marketing or you have some dedicated education in marketing.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with editorial or copywriting is a plus.
- You have excellent knowledge of social media platforms, email marketing platforms, website content management, as well as communication and project management software.
- You are a relationship-builder and team player.
- You are organized and detail oriented.
- You have the ability to independently solve problems in a dynamic environment, or ask for help when you get stuck.
- You have the ability to prioritize, re-prioritize as needed, and balance multiple projects at the same time.
- You have the ability to adhere to feedback and editing cycles and final submission deadlines.
- You are able to travel occasionally to attend events, trade shows, races or otherwise.
- You are available to work 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday. We do offer some flexibility in schedules over time, but we generally all work together during the week.
Extra credit may be given to candidates with:
- Experience working in the bike or outdoor industries.
- Experience with photography, videography, photo or video editing.
- Experience or some proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software.
It’s important that we ALL ride together. We believe that success thrives on diversity and we aim to encourage and empower all employees, customers, vendors and partners of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We do not tolerate hate, bigotry, or discrimination in any form.
Do our values align with yours? We do business by:
- Learning and embracing change,
- Building a better experience, one relationship at a time,
- Exceeding expectations in everything we do,
- Taking action, hustling and having fun.
Compensation + Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Paid vacation time.
- Eight paid holidays.
- Medical and vision insurance.
- Employer matching 401k plan.
- Annual membership to organic produce subscription.
- Bike parts stipend and access to discounted bike parts.
- Occasional taco lunches.
- And more!
Interested? Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Robert Axle Project
Robert Axle Project is the industry leader in thru axles for bicycles. Made in USA, premium quality products, sold all over the world.