Independent Sales Representative
Posted by Intense on 06/06/2023
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
As an Outside Sales Representative for INTENSE LLC, you will be instrumental in placing the INTENSE product into our channels of business. You will be a value-added asset to our dealers while creating and assisting them with retail strategy and technique. This role takes responsibility for the achievement of sales goals, targets, dealer channel management. This position is a remote position and reports directly to the Vice President of Sales at INTENSE LLC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates and develops new business to meet specified production goals.
- Meets and exceeds sales targets, goals and deliverables.
- Maintains and nurtures existing client relationships.
- Provides valuable retail strategies to ensure the INTENSE product has a consistent and high retail velocity.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
Prepares and presents sales proposals.
- Plans and manages sales territory.
- Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to new and existing clients.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of competitive bicycle industry product information.
- Continually gathers information on local competition and prevalent industry and business climate within the region; communicates information to management and others as needed.
- Negotiates contracts and work agreements.
- Ensures that all required client paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
- Attends and participates in business/trade events that impact business unit.
- Attends and participates in team strategic sales meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent, one to two years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Excellent problem resolution and consultative sales skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient on theMicrosoft Office Suite.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.