Posted by Leatherman on 08/28/2023
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Management, Manufacturing, Sourcing
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We are looking for a manufacturing engineer to join our manufacturing engineering team. Please visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
Lead global sourcing team to develop and implement sourcing strategies and procurement processes which reliably provide timely delivery of high-quality materials. Work collaboratively across internal organization and externally with existing and new suppliers to create and continuously improve cost effective supply chain solutions. Develop and maintain policies for procurement and positioning of sourced commodity inventories throughout supply chain to provide responsive performance against production and delivery schedules.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sourcing strategy for raw materials, components, and finished goods.
- Continuously assess and evaluate potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, and build strong relationships to secure high-quality materials. Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers based on their capabilities, reliability, and ability to meet Leatherman’s quality standards and delivery requirements. Collaborate with suppliers to drive performance improvements and establish long-term partnerships.
- Proactively identify and communicate cost headwinds and supply chain risks. Create and implement effective mitigation plans to minimize exposure to the organization.
- Lead staff by utilizing the performance management process, including confirming job responsibilities, establishing goals and job competencies, identifying and developing skill gaps, evaluating resources, coaching on a continuous basis, and evaluating performance.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure proper integration and alignment with strategic goals and objectives of the Company. Lead development of contractual agreements and negotiation of terms to include supplier performance expectations for quality, delivery, cost, and innovation.
- Coordinate interactions between cross-functional internal staff and global suppliers to ensure timely and effective communications. Create and maintain an environment sensitive to cultural norms and language barriers as necessary to optimize success for all parties.
- Manage supplier engagement and support during development of new products.
- Lead and direct continuous improvement activities aimed at reducing lead times, improving quality, and lowering procurement costs for all sourced materials and services.
- Actively participate in SIOP process. Work collaboratively with demand forecasting, planning, supply chain, engineering, and manufacturing functions to ensure sourced inventory positions are proactively managed to efficiently support material delivery or replenishment requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned quality or continuous improvement action items. Develop and implement root cause corrective actions for quality excursions or performance gaps to minimize or eliminate potential for recurrence.
- Develop department operating budget and manage expenditures for compliance. Ensure adequate staffing, training, equipment, and tools necessary for efficient operations are properly reflected and included in budget submissions.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to provide directional guidance and advice within areas of expertise.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, or a related field required.
- Ten or more years of strategic sourcing and supply chain leadership experience in a manufacturing or consumer products environment required.
- Strong analytical background and ability to interpret data.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Normal office environment with frequent domestic and international travel.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Note: Eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
- Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required.
We care about the Health and Wellbeing of our Employees
Leatherman believes having healthy employees contributes to a healthy and productive workplace and community. While we're all responsible for our own overall health and well-being, Leatherman works toward helping employees make healthy lifestyle choices and changes that improve their health and overall quality of life through its many Health and Wellbeing Resources.
- Free/low cost on-site primary care health center
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Behavioral health programs
- Pet insurance
- Onsite health coaching
- Lifestyle and fitness programs
- Tuition assistance
- Employee volunteer program
- Generous employee discounts
- Onsite fitness center
- Paid time off
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
We create innovative products that prepare people for the expected and unexpected and result in real tales of triumph.
Our vision is to be the global multipurpose brand of choice.
Leatherman Is An Equal Opportunity Employer