Manufacturing Engineer- Sage Fly Fishing
Posted by Far Bank Enterprises on 09/28/2023
Industry Sector: Fishing, Outdoor
Job Categories: Manufacturing
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
City: Bainbridge Island
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Who We Are Looking For:
Far Bank Enterprises is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join the manufacturing team at the SAGE Products plant in Bainbridge Island, WA. Ideal candidates will be responsible for designing and building specialized equipment as well as optimizing the manufacturing processes used to produce the handcrafted Sage Fly Fishing Rods. The position requires you to work hands-on with the production team so experience with equipment engineering, automation development and manufacturing is highly sought after. Further experience specific to Composites Manufacturing is preferred and enthusiasm for fly fishing would be an added contribution to the creative process. Far Bank is a fun, upbeat place to work. We foster a work hard/play hard environment where high energy, a family feel, and a positive work environment make Far Bank a great place to work.
The Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Director of Operations while working closely with the R&D, Maintenance and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to manufacturing problems. This position requires the skills to diagnose and solve complex quality and productivity problems on the fly rod manufacturing line. Additionally, this employee must work closely with the R&D team to carry out the design, assembly, programming, and testing of new automation machinery to keep up with production demands. This position will also task the individual to think outside the box for developing and optimizing manufacturing processes as Sage produces next generation products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in equipment engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a production environment with proven track record of implementing lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience developing automation solutions within a composites manufacturing, or small, fine-detail assembly process.
- Comfortable performing hands-on troubleshooting to resolve production, quality and safety issues.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and capable of creating, designing, and specifying parts to be manufactured externally.
- Strong skills in electrical systems and components including control design, PLCs, robotics, and motors.
- PLC programming experience (Siemens preferred).
- Skilled in MS office with a particular strength in Excel and Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional groups.
- Willingness to Relocate to Bainbridge Island/Kitsap County, WA
- Experience using hand tools, 3d printers and machine tools with an ability to fabricate parts independently.
- Passion for fly fishing or other outdoor recreation is a bonus but not required.
- Facilities maintenance management experience.
- Matlab, Python, or similar coding experience a plus.
- Salary $85,000-130,000
- Competitive Benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) and Vacation/Sick accrual
- A flexible work environment placing a premium on collaborative interaction in a fun, friendly team atmosphere.
- Discounts with a large variety of outdoor brands
Apply today at www.farbank.com/careers
About Far Bank Enterprises
Far Bank Enterprises, Inc., is the parent company of Sage Fly Fishing, Redington, RIO Products, and Fly Water Travel. Through these brands, Far Bank is engaged in the manufacture and sale of world-class fly fishing rods, reels, waders, fly lines, leaders, tippet material, flies, and apparel, as well as travel services with experts dedicated to arranging trips to the world’s finest fishing destinations. Far Bank is wholly owned by the Joshua Green Corporation, an investment firm based in Seattle, WA.